As training providers, we have a unique, intimate working knowledge of what it takes to deliver real performance advantage within the industry we serve. We partner with manufacturers and suppliers of aggregates, ready mixed concrete, concrete products and asphalt to deliver programmes that ensure their Future Leaders have the confidence and capability to move from good to great over the course of their careers.
We are passionate about harnessing the power of learning to transform people and businesses for the better. Our purpose is to enable people and organisations to develop their leadership skills for personal and economic growth. We do this by helping students to develop, assess and accredit themselves with the right blend of skills.
Those undertaking our apprenticeship programmes gain confidence that the skills they are learning will help them succeed, progress and thrive. Employers benefit too through seeing the tangible, progressive bottom line returns of a workforce with the right knowledge, skills and behaviours.
Unlike other training providers in the UK we have a unique, intimate working knowledge of what it takes to deliver real performance advantage. We partner with both manufacturing and service providers, public and private to deliver programmes that ensure their Future Leaders have the confidence and capability to move from good to great over the course of their careers.
As the UK’s leading Improvement qualifications specialist, we help to develop more talented leaders than anyone else, giving them the skills to succeed within their organisation and beyond.
The Value We Deliver
The coaches and trainers at The Opex Academy are experts at what they do and have amassed a huge amount of knowledge and expertise over many years of front-line delivery experience. Our learning and consulting interventions are delivered face-to-face either on client site or at our modern learning facilities located onsite at the Williams Racing Conference Centre near Oxford.
Our high quality, content driven courses and services enable students and clients to receive maximum return on their training and development investment …. We pride ourselves in making sure everything we do with our students and clients tackle ‘real world’ problems with immediately actionable ‘real world’ solutions.
Programmes & Events
- Learn the key skills and knowledge required for developing high-level expertise in Lean, Six Sigma, Project and Change Management and be recognised as a specialist in leading large-scale, complex improvement activity
- 18 month programme beginning October 2020
- Held on site or at our Learning & Development Facility at Williams Racing
- Monthly group based Subject Matter Development days supported by 1 to 1 coaching on site between assignments
- Programme is Tri-Accredited resulting Level 6 Apprenticeship Standard Certification, CMI Level 5 Certificate in Project Management as well as IASSC certification of Six Sigma Black Belt Status.
Welcome to The OPEX Academy.
Meet the Team
Level 6 Improvement Leader ‘Trailblazer’ Management Apprenticeship
- The course gives a fresh perspective on building trust, minimising conflict and managing for performance
- Suitable for time-served mid to senior managers and leaders
- Improves self-awareness
- Learn individual coaching approaches
- Learn how to mentor and coach through change
- Know the tools to use to monitor impact
CMI Level 5 in Management Coaching and Mentoring
- Designed to explain the constituent elements of typical Departmental Productivity Gaps
- Concentrates on finding opportunity where weaknesses in Performance Management, Skill Control, Waste Elimination and Flow Improvement exist.
- Explains the processes for measuring and quantifying and anticipating £’s benefit return
- Provides solutions for turning opportunity into tangible cost improvements
- Ideally suited to middle and senior managers with Part Year and Full Year Effect Cost Improvement objectives
- Held at our Learning & Development Facility at Williams Racing
Demystifying the Productivity Gap
"What motivates me is seeing the impact we have on our students, both in their professional and personal lives. It's the whole person that really matters and if we can harness that as teachers, the journey is so much more exciting."
"I get a real thrill when I see the ability of our students grow along with their ability to accomplish more. Ours is a people business; that's where my true passion lies."
"Witnessing the impact of learning is incredibly rewarding. Those moments when I see students understand and appreciate the value of a high-performance technique and the energy that is produced really motivates."
Why choose the Opex Academy
We facilitate, support, coach and deliver to a wide range of students and practitioners across a diverse group of industries. Our trainers and coaches are industry experts with a wealth of experience delivering true transformational thinking and behaviour change.
If you’re considering a Management Apprenticeship then there’s nowhere better to go than The Opex Academy.
All our Apprenticeships are ‘Tri – Accredited’. That means that once your apprenticeship is complete you’ll get recognised for your efforts and new found expertise through a CMI Level 3 Award or Level 5 Certificate in Project Management as well as internationally recognised certification at either Yellow, Green or Black Belt status by the International Association for Six Sigma Certification (IASSC)
The Opex Academy are ESFA approved and the UK’s No1 provider of Lean Leadership and Productivity Improvement Management Apprenticeships. Our mission is to ensure our students become more employable by learning the skills of Improvement & Project Leadership.
We are the UK’s No 1 training provider of Lean Leadership and Productivity Improvement Qualifications.
There’s no such thing as an un qualified success.
Apprenticeship Levy Funds are available to support your development.
When certainty of outcome is your only option.
Let us support your operational improvement efforts through our world class consultancy offering.
Are you ready to transform your learning?
Develop your skills and enhance your knowledge with our range of professional courses.
020 8895 6180